Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Maryclaire is 15 months!



Hello Friends!

Guess who turned 15 months old the other day?

That's right-This little sweetie did!

You might not even recognize her she's grown so much!

I am amazed at what leaps and bounds Maryclaire has made in the past 3 months. Seriously amazed. I don't even feel like I have the same sweet baby. Here are just a few fun facts about 15 months.

1. You have 6 teeth. And you've been sick with every one of them. You're not a terrible teether, but your not a great one either.

2. You have gotten HUGE! I don't know your stats, but you've gone from wearing 9 month clothes just a few months ago to wearing 18 month clothes. I've even put you in a few 24 month dresses and they fit fine. Crazy!

3. You finally have a nick name and you'll even respond to it. Before you had this enormous growth spurt, we started calling you "itty bitty" and it just fit you perfectly. You're not so itty bitty anymore, but the name has stuck among our household.


4. Personality. Big Personality. You are so feisty, sassy, and independent. You don't want me to help you do anything! You think and you try to be such a big girl. You won't even hold my hand when you walk. Nana says you must be your mother's daughter.

5. You even have a bit of a mean streak. Especially to your brother. I hate to say it, but you are down right rotten to him. Which bring me to...

6. You are a pincher and a scratcher. If somebody makes you mad, you reach out and either give them a pinch with your little tweezer fingers or a good scratch across the face with your velociraptor claws. You've gotten many pops on the hand for that and your poor brother has gotten many red scratches across the face.

7. You haven't said many new words, but we know you understand most of what we say to you. Right now, you go around saying, "owwwww" for "ouch". It sounds more like a dog howl. Asher inadvertently taught you this one (see #6).


8. You are finally sleeping through the night. Not by your own accord. Basically, we had to turn the monitor off in our bedroom for a few nights. You still have hiccups now and then, but at least I know now they're not out of habit and you really do need me.

9. You love to read books. We sit and read book after book after book during the day. You like to play with your baby dolls and whatever Asher is playing with. You'll pick up a car and make noises with it while you push it along, just like brother does. You like to go outside to play. You love Elmo and I usually let you watch Sesame Street every day...or I at least turn it on and you'll pay attention here and there while you are playing. You like to climb...anything you can. And stand on top of whatever is NOT supposed to be stood on. You are a complete daredevil and I definitely see gymnastics in your future.



10. Jealous. You and Asher are SOOOOOO jealous of each other. It is ridiculous. You'll cry and try to pinch him if I'm loving on him. It's very frustrating and I love you both so much. I know it's normal, but it's not fun and it causes a lot of stress some days.

11. You drink out of a cup with a straw. You don't like sippy cups. You want a regular cup, but I only let you have one when I am right there to help. You are a great eater. You love your veggies and will try anything.

11. Precious. I just love watching you become a little person...seeing your BIG personality come out, watching you develop and hit milestones. It's truly amazing and I am so glad I am home with you to watch you grow!

3 comments:

  1. She looks SO big, especially in those first couple of pictures.
    Glad she is sleeping at night now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you don't want to hear this, but she looks so grown up. Cute as a button, though! So sorry to hear she's a scratcher/pincher! My littlest was a squealer. He grew out of it. Eventually. ;) Hey, as long as the good outweighs the "less than good".

    What a cutie! Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie pie! Yes, growing by leaps and bounds. I remember just LOVING this age. I feel like it's when they start to just change and change and change!!! Right?! I can't believe our kids are getting so big. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE Comments!