Thursday, June 16, 2011
Happy 6 Months, Maryclaire!
Wow, what a week for milestones. Asher turning 4, first swimming lessons, and now Maryclaire is officially 6 months old. I am a happy (exhausted) mama!
At 6 months...
1. You weigh almost 14 lbs and are 26 inches long.
2. You wear size 2 diaper and wear 3 and 6 month clothes. You have short torso and long legs!
3. You are loving bath time these days and splashing in the pool.
4. You can pretty much get to whatever you want in the floor. You will roll (and roll and roll and roll) or will pull your legs under you and push yourself forward. You have no idea what to do with your arms and they just drag underneath you right now.
5. You are nursing every 3-4 hrs during the day. You have tried several solids-sweet potato, peas, squash, banana, and apple sauce. I have currently stopped everything b/c you've had some eczema flare up and I'm trying to see if maybe it's related to the new foods.
6. Usually take 2 naps a day-one a couple of hours after you wake up and then in the afternoon. Timing them with your bedtime has been a challenge. Usually the afternoon nap is too early and it's too late for you to take an early evening one.
7. You are impossible to get down if you are overtired. Lots of crying and nothing consoles you. We are desperately working on this one! Bedtime has been no fun for anyone lately. :(
8. Even when you are tired, you are such a good baby.
9. You laugh so much when we tickle your belly, make silly faces and play peek-a-boo! Your brother is pretty good at making you laugh too.
10. You are trying so hard to sit up on your own. You're not quite there, but you will be soon.
11. You have started sucking your thumb. It's the most adorable thing ever -and such a good self soother!
12. You have discovered you have a furry brother and sister. You love to watch the dogs and try to grab their fur. We have to watch y'all b/c they also like to kiss you in the face. Yuck!
13. Are still squealing and babbling lots.
14. Sleeping? We never can tell what you're going to do. Some nights you wake up every 3 hrs. Sometimes you wake ever 4-5. Sometimes you go right back to sleep...sometimes you don't. You are so unpredictable!
15. You are trying to get up on all fours. You don't quite have to arm strength yet, but you will soon! This had led to lots of sudden belly flops for you, which you don't care for much.
16. You still have stranger anxiety. I feel so bad for people when they come to coo at you and lose it.
17. You are loved beyond measure. I can't wait to see what you do in the next month.
Posted by Jill at 6:24 PM