Saturday, August 20, 2011

Happy 8 Months, Maryclaire!







Wow, this month was definitely one of your more exciting. I can't believe that in just a few short weeks you learned how to get in sitting positing, crawl and pull up. My job just got waaaay harder and I am one busy mama keeping you our of trouble.

At 8 months, you...

1. Weigh 15 lbs...barely (maybe soaking wet, fully dressed with a full diaper and tummy-Ha!) You are still so petite and really don't have any sweet baby fat rolls. I have no idea how long you are. You can still wear some 3-6 month clothes but also some 9 month clothes too. Go figure.


2. You are still nursing every 3-4 hours during the day and eating 3 solid meals too. You are a good eater. More and more you are refusing baby food and want what we are eating. You have eaten bread, tortillas, beans, lots of soft cooked veggies, oatmeal and cereal.



3. I am pretty sure you have completely outgrown your reflux and I have even added dairy back into my diet. Yay!

4. Instead of sleeping better, you are sleeping worse and worse, waking every 3-4 hrs (if I'm lucky!) at night. You always want to nurse and then will go back to sleep. You are most often awake when I put you back in your bed and will go back to sleep on your own.




5. You are a thumb sucker. It's so cute.

6. You are on a pretty good schedule now, not just routine anymore. You usually go down for a nap around 10-10:30 and again around 3. Bedtime is usually around 8. You are finally not giving us fits going to sleep and it is so nice to put you in your bed w/ your blanket and you just fall asleep. You still have a few rough nights here and there but it's way better than it was.


7. You have already been cruising the furniture this past week...and trying to climb up the bookcases! Good thing they are bolted to the wall.

8. You love playing with your toys. Your brother never cared for them like you do.You like the xylophone and pretty much anything that plays music.

You are so pleasant, happy and still a pretty easy baby. I can't wait to see what this next month brings!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments!