Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Random Recount


We had a great weekend starting on Friday when Vaughn showed up at my mom's house (I was there tidying for her) with these. Within 15 minutes we only had two doughnuts left and by the end of the day they were all gone. For some reason, I've not been able to get back on my normally healthy eating habits since we got back from vacation. I am really giving it a good try today though. I always feel better when I eat better!

This box of yummies got gone FAST!

On Saturday, we let Asher spend the night with my parents and go to a little family get together with them. Vaughn and I opted not to go for several reason. We've been on the go so much lately, my car needs new brakes, and the cost of gas kept us home. It was nice to spend a little one-on-one with Maryclaire. The house was pretty quite with just one kid.

Love my sweet girl!

We got up Sunday morning and watched our church service online. We've been doing that on Sunday mornings since Maryclaire was born (yes, I'm that crazy mom who won' leave my kid in the church nursery and now Mc has stranger anxiety so bad I wouldn't even think about it). But, it was nice this week b/c we actually got to really watch it since our attention wasn't torn with Asher and Mc hung out in her swing.


I know this post had a lot of pics of Mc, but she's just doing so much to take pics of these days.

I picked Asher up around noon from my parents. They said they were all really tired b/c he slept terribly. Mom said he woke up all night just crying and never did settle down all night. Weird, because he usually does so good. We made sure Asher got a good nap because we wanted to go see fireworks near our house that night. We played in the yard a little while we waited for it to get dark. I was nervous taking Mc out after her bedtime, but I didn't want to stay home and miss out.

A little chipping practice in the front yard.

We're on a major budget so Vaughn had a great idea to go by Quicktrip on the way there and get their 79 cents Freezoni . Plus, it's non dairy so it was a win-win for me. I could slurp one of these down every day. It was so yummy.


Yes, Asher went to see fireworks in his jammies. At least they red, white and blue!

We got a great spot to watch fireworks and Mc was so well behaved. We all piled on top of my car. Asher loved it this year! Last year he was not really impressed and really didn't like the noise.

That's my car were sitting on top of...and would you expect anything less than Asher having his eyes closed?


I won't talk about the ride home when our road was shut down for 45 minutes due to traffic and Mc was just about as mad as she could get being in her car seat (way past bedtime, no less.).

Even though it ended pretty sour, I was glad we went.


We had a pretty low key 4th. We had another family 4th celebration with Vaughn's family that we also turned down. It was nice not being so busy and on the go. We grilled some sausage, ate watermelon, made brownies, played in the rain and then Asher and I made red, white and blue jello. It was a fun, lazy kind of day/weekend. Perfect!


My three loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments!