Friday, July 8, 2011

What a Week!


It's been a fun and busy week. Asher took another week of swimming lessons. Although he didn't "pass the test" to move to level 2, we were super proud of him.


I loved his teacher and she commented that she loved how smiley Asher was. I love it when people say that because I think Vaughn and I did good by his name, which actually means "happy." I hope he always smiles as much as he does now!


Tonight we had a little FREE fun and a great dinner. We went all out for Chickfila's Cow Appreciation Day. Even Maryclaire got in on the action-I couldn't let my girl feel left out. We loved watching all the others "cows" come in and loved getting our dinner for free. Asher got a kick out of dressing up and "Chicken Lay" is his favorite place to eat, so it was a win-win for all of us.





In other exciting news, after renting our home for the last two years we are finally on the buying home front. We made an offer on a bank owned house almost 2 wks ago and finally got an acceptance on Wednesday. Yay! So, (pending the inspection) we'll be doorknob owners once again in the next month. I'm really excited about owning again. This is definitely not our dream home, but it fits our needs and more importantly our budget! God is so good.



I wanted to share some bible verses I have been meditating on this week. I also decided I was going to start a weekly bible verse with Asher. He is in a weird spot right now where he's very fearful of...well, everything it seems. I thought Joshua 1:9 was perfect to focus on. We might focus on this one for a few weeks!

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9

This verse really touched my heart this week.


Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows (2 Corinthians 1:3-5).

1 comment:

  1. Look at all of you dressed like cows! How fun! My husband would never do that, but we don't have a Chick-fil-a nearby anyway.

    Congrats on the house!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE Comments!