Friday, December 23, 2011

Happy 12 Months, Maryclaire!

I am almost two weeks late with this post. Shame on me! I owe my sweet, baby girl so much better. In my defense, it IS the busiest, most exhausting time of the year!

Better late than never, I guess.


Oh Maryclaire, you get more and more spunky everyday and I LOVE seeing your BIG personality come out. You absolutely amaze me these days.


At 12 months you, 1. Weigh 16.9 lbs and are 28 inches tall. That's 1% for weight and 30% for height. I think you'll be two before we turn you around in the carseat, which is great since you like looking at big brother so much!

2. You are wearing size 3 diaper and 9 and 12 month clothes. You wear a size 3 shoe.
But, you look so chunky lately, I was so surprised you don't weigh more. Your little face is getting round and chubby and you are belly first when you walk!

3. You go to bed between 7:45 and 8:15 and sleep until 6:45-7:45 the next morning. You are still waking once or twice a night...teething has been rough on you lately at night. You always want a bottle when you wake up and I am not ready to fight that battle yet, so eat you do! You take 1 or two naps a day. It depends on what we have planned for the day and how late you sleep.

4. You are eating all table foods, Your tastes change everyday. You are not consistent with what you like...you seem to love mixed veggies lately, anything in tomato sauce and ground meats like sausage, hamburger, ground turkey,etc. 5. You are walking everywhere. You started about a week before your birthday. You still fall down a lot and you look like Frankenstein while walking, but you are doing good. I'm so proud of you. You are a determined little girl!

6. You understand so much of what we say to you. I am really impressed with your cognitive and verbal skills. You will even follow simple directions. We call you "baby" much of time and will tell you to go sit in baby's chair and you'll go sit in your little chair. You go to the bath when we tell you it's bath time. You grab at your diaper when I tell you it's time for a change. You feed the doggies their food piece by piece when we tell you to feed the puppies. You got baby dolls for Christmas and Nana taught you how to give the baby love. Cutest. thing. ever.



7. You say mommy, baby, blankie, nana, and I swear I've heard your say a lot more. Or it could just be that your babbling sounds like a lot of other words! :) You don't say bubba much anymore, but thats ok because I am trying to phase out bubba and teach you Asher. You daddy's feeling are hurt you don't say daddy yet, but I remind him I waited 18 months for Asher to say mama!

8. I can definitely tell you have an older brother! You love your baby dolls, but you also love cars and boy toys. You've even started making little sounds when you play with Asher's cars.


9. You seem to have a little stranger anxiety again. It comes out more at men and when you are tired, but sometimes it seems to have no rhyme or reason. You flipped out on this sweet little old lady while we were eating out the other night. I felt so bad for both of you!


10. We are teaching you body parts and you have learned where your belly is. We tell you to wash your belly when we're in the tub and you rub, rub, rub that big belly you are sporting these days.

11. You have definitely developed an attitude! You have been so mean to your brother at times this past month. One day, you clawed the mess out of his face and left him with a nice scratch under his eye. You get mad when we tell you no! It's so funny. I can't believe how early these sibling rifts begin!


12. You got 3 teeth this last month. Your gummy smile just got real goofy looking! You were sick through all three teeth and didn't sleep well at all. It was rough!

It seems like everyday you learn something new and it excites me so much. You are so sweet, funny, spunky, and neat! I love you so much and I can't believe how quickly how the past year has gone by!

1 comment:

  1. What a little peanut she is! Love that cute little grin!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE Comments!