Happy 5 Months, Maryclaire! Here are a few highlights from the past month.
1. You weigh almost 13 lbs and are 26 (ok, like 25 and 3/4) inches tall. You are very petite!
2. You are wearing size 2 diaper and 3 and 6 month clothes.
3. You found your voice and you squeal and squeal and squeal some more. You are such a girl and love to hear yourself talk.
4. Your head control has got really good in the last few weeks.
5. Your sleeping is not so good. You wake up more now than you did at 2-3 months old. It's usually every 3-4 hours at night and you won't go back to sleep without being fed.
6. Likewise, you have started waking up a little earlier too. Sometimes you won't even go back to sleep after your early morning feeding at 6:30am.
7. We are finally establishing solid nap times. Yay! But of course it usually depends on when you wake up. You will take your first nap about 2 hours after you wake up. You take 2-3 naps a day.
9. You finally made peace with tummy time, but it's still not your favorite part of the day.
10. You will sit in the bouncy seat, swing, bumbo and jumper exercauser.
11. You are still not friends with the carseat...especially when you are tired.
12. Likes to be held facing out-you are a nosy girl. I can also put you on my hip a little but I have to keep both arms around you or lean.
13. You laugh out loud...a lot.
14. Are not on any reflux meds and I have started eating a little dairy again. We were switching meds and just couldn't administer it to you properly. You seem to be doing ok without it.
15. You don't really take a paci anymore. I guess I don't have to worry about taking it away from you when you are a little older.
16. We tried cereal several times this past month. You are not a fan. So, I switched to sweet potato yesterday. You seem to enjoy it a little better. You are wanting to nurse several times a night so I think we need to start getting some solid food in you.
17. Things you like: eating your feet (my girl has skills!), peek-a-boo, and being naked!