Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Dr.'s Visits

Asher and Maryclaire both had well visits at the the Dr. the other day. Maryclaire had her two month appt. and Asher had his 3 yr old checkup even though he turned 3 in June. We got behind on his well visits when we moved back to Atlanta and had to find a new pediatrician.


Maryclaire weighed in at 10.2 lbs and 23 inches long. That puts her in the 60th percentile for height and 20% for weight. Maybe she'll stay tall and thin!



Asher weighed 31 lbs and was 37 inches tall. He hadn't gained any weight since he last visit and only grew a little over an inch. He is in the 10th percentile for weight and 8th percentile for height! What a little boy! He's always been on the small side and we usually do notice that most kids his age are bigger than he is. Vaughn and I have already discussed he will be a good soccer player if he stays on the small side.


Both kids checked out just perfect. Poor babies got 7 shots between the two of them. :(
The nurses were so sweet and let me calm Asher down and get him settled before they moved onto Maryclaire's shots. They both took them like champs and only cried for a minute.


However, they were both pitiful, cranky, and crying the rest of the afternoon. I certainly had my work cut out for me! Maryclaire slept all afternoon, but insisted on being held. And poor Asher decided he couldn't walk after all those shots.

Poor babies didn't know what was coming next: Shots!

I was one tired Mama by the time they went to bed!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this blog. But it makes me miss our morning walks...sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shots hurt the mommy more than the kids, I am convinced. :(

    My hubby is...ahem...not overly blessed in the height category, and he was a soccer player - a GOOD one! (Had the chance to play professionally, but turned it down to go to college. :)

    Stats are just numbers. As long as they are healthy, then Amen. I'm so glad I've just gotten out of the shot stage.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE Comments!