Monday, March 21, 2011

Going and Doing

Going and doing...two things we are not having a lot of these days. I can't believe the price of gas has actually got me staying at home more. Tons more. I remember a few years ago when gas was in the mid $2 range and I had a 2 hr round trip commute to school AND was traveling 3.5 hrs each weekend to see Vaughn (definitely pre-kids but we were married). I would cringe filling up at the gas station, but it really didn't slow me down.

But now, at $3.5 plus a gal., we're not going anywhere! We venture out to shop maybe once or twice a week now. We used take multiple trips to my parents house each week, about 15-20 miles away. Now, we don't even go once a week! If things weren't so tight around our house right now, it might not be a big deal, but we're taking tight to a whole new level.

It's not all so bad. Having a newborn definitely slows us down. I have such a tight window to get out and about that mostly I don't even think it's worth it. But, I probably miss the trips to my parent's house the most.

I'm praying the situation in Libya gets better. I'm relived to hear that no ground troops will sent. I'm praying Vaughn's work picks up. It's tough times for a financial adviser in this economic climate. I'm especially thankful God has allowed me to be a good steward of our money.

And when I type it all out, it seems like such a minor sacrifice that we're not "going and doing" much anymore. I have so much to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments!