Tuesday, April 19, 2011

One of those days

It's been one of those days. You know, the kind you where you need a mommy time-out, a pillow to scream into, or a closet to lock yourself in for awhile. I know I am not alone here. I know I usually blog about how rosy everything is, but I gotta be real for a minute. It's been a rough one.

I started the day busy as a bee trying to get us ready visit Vaughn at his office today-45 minutes away. That means get two kiddos dressed as cute as I can muster, fed, diaper bag packed, lunch packed (yes, we are way too broke to eat out right now) and loaded into the car. I sadly report I wore jeans, a t-shirt and a baseball hat. Priorities, right? At least I was showered!

Have I mentioned Maryclaire is not friends with riding in the car these days? Running errands is ok b/c I can usually get anywhere we need to be in 10 minutes. I can handle 10 minutes of screaming in the car at a time. I CANNOT handle 45 minutes in the car with said screaming child.

I even stopped once to get out and check to make sure she had a clean diaper. She did.

I was a basket case by the time we got to Vaughn's office. I told him we were most definitely NOT coming to see him again anytime soon. We had a great little visit and Maryclaire stayed awake and happy pretty much the whole time. Asher loves to help Vaughn's secretary shred paper when we visit. She's so sweet and saves it for when we come so Asher can help. He also loves playing at daddy's computer. I was dreading getting back in the car with a certain little girl, but I reckoned she had to be tired and would *hopefully* sleep in the way home. No such luck. I got 45 more minutes of listening to my sweet angel scream. in a very small car.

Home! Maryclaire has to be tired. It's 2:30 and she's not napped all day. She's goes down without too much of a fight. Whew. Time to get a few chores done...for exactly 30 minutes until she woke up. Not good.

I promised Asher a trip to the playground yesterday so you better believe I better deliver on it. It was almost time for her lunch and nobody is ever at the playground, so I thought it would be ok to walk up there and I could feed her in private while Asher played. No such luck. Apparently, it was grounds keeping day and the playground area was being worked on by 3-4 men. Great!! What was I do do? We had walked all the way there and I was not gonna tell Asher we had to go back home. I held little girl out as long as I could, but I finally had to cave and try to find a hidden spot where no one could see me. Awkward!

On the walk home Asher fell and skinned his knee. He was hysterical and even more so after he saw blood. He can't walk. I let him sit on the front of the stroller and he and Maryclaire cried the whole way walk home. I can only imagine what my neighbors were thinking.

Finally home, Asher's boo-boo is taken care of and Maryclaire is still melting down...I'm assuming from her lack of sleep. She's past the point of going down for a nap. At 5 I called Vaughn in a panic to see when he'd be home...I was losing steam quickly. Sensing my desperation, he said he's would head home then and I'd see him in 45 minutes.


We gave up trying to calm Maryclaire's meltdown at 6:20 and just put her to bed. She's still asleep 3.5 hours later. I hope I don't pay for that one in the morning.

All through the days drama, I kept this song in my head by Franchesca Battistelli called This is the Stuff. I know God was using this song to keep me sane today! These were the lyrics stuck in my head.

This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing
It might not be what I would choose
But this is the stuff You use

Love, love, love this song! Nothing like God putting a song in your heart to get you through the day and keep reminding you just how "big I'm blessed."



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments!